View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2011, 01:49 (Ref:2861096)   #47
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljakse View Post
What does that make Rosberg then? If TGF didn't lose his edge, and Rosberg keeps beating hin in same machinery, then Rosberg must something really extraordinary...
Not really, there's a simple biological reason why Schumacher is wasting his time in F1. When someone keeps doing something from childhood, constantly and to the highest level they reach a level of ability that is partly innate skill, partly experience and partly a biological process that attunes their reflexes, muscle memory and the physical connections on neurons in the brain to that activity

when that person stops that pattern of behaviour for a long period, especially at the age MS stopped racing, the body detunes all of those things because it doesn't need them to be at that level anymore.

it is then virtually impossible to regain that high level of physical prowess, especailly if the activity in question is as demanding as F1 driving - and the older they are the more difficult it is.

if MS had never retired he would now still be a contender but the period he spent off the boil has ruined him i think