View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2008, 10:57 (Ref:2144027)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bristols are bespoke, very limited production cars. They have a loyal following and customer base, relying on reputation and word of mouth for sales. Their cars are beautifully built, always have been, but after the mid 50's their styling left a whole lot to be desired and have only just started to recover. The 401 and 403 models shown in the picture above are late 40's and early 50s cars and are lovely things. I think it was L J K Setright who proclaimed them better built than Aston Martins, but I know which I would prefer, certainly of models made by both manufacturers in the last 50 years!