View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3007344)   #1367
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Maybe these fortune tellers can predict who'll win LM as well?
Easy. Peugeot or Audi. Again.

300,000? Is that people combined over the week, or just for the Saturday and Sunday? Because the British Grand Prix got 315,000 combined for Friday, Saturday and Sunday last year.

I'm ready to give WEC a chance. My only issue with the ACO is the crap equality between the diesel and petrol cars over the last however many years it has been.

Don't get me wrong, Le Mans has been an epic race for the last few years with the huge battles between Audi and Peugeot, but just for once I'd like to see a completely wide open race between multiple teams, petrol and diesel. Sure the manufacturers may still win because they have the money and experience - but it'd be nice for other teams like Rebellion and Pescarolo and others to at least have a mathematical chance of victory.

In the ILMC last year, unless something completely freakish happens, you might as well have given the top three trophies out to Audi and Peugeot before the race had even begun. The only times anyone else has had a chance are the rare times neither team has bothered to turn up.

The WEC needs to create a big scene in 2012 to show that it has arrived and to make people aware of its existence. Constant Peugeot and Audi battles are all well and good for the loyal sportscar fans, but I doubt it'd do much to attract new audiences.

I hear there's been some attempt to level the playing field for 2012, but not having a particular engineering mind, I'm not sure if it'll do much. I've heard from some in the know that it won't do too much, which is a shame.

I guess in a way the FIA/ACO have their hands tied on equality, because if they do anything too drastic both Audi and Peugeot will get ****y-pants over the rules and quit like any manufacturer does when the rules don't suit them completely.

See? Manufacturers suck.