View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3085213)   #222
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbz View Post
I think they need to change the racing format. Only one 'sprint' race per weekend isn't right way.
I guess it all comes down to TV-contracts. If they only get the TV-time for one 40 minute race, there is no point in staging another one (for a professional series).

And then, all the races are on Saturday and they try to have two-day-weekends. With the support series that are along for many races, that really doesn't give them too much time for another race anyway.

Gothenburg does however have less support races - if they could figure out the TV thing they probably could have a different format there - maybe two heat races with 8 cars each and a distance of only half a dozen or so laps instead of traditional qualifying and then the feature 40 minutes race.

I'd also love to see them have an enduro eventually... 500 kilometers at Anderstorp under the midnight sun or something. (They'd need more than 16 cars for that, of course)