View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2009, 20:25 (Ref:2556947)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New Vauxhall Astra

Vauxhall had the new Astra on the stands at Brands Hatch. For your standard hatchback, I think this car's on the high quality side.

I initially (from pictures) thought it was an oversized Fiesta, but up close it's lines are probably more similar to the Fiat Bravo or SEAT Leon - but with cue's from the new Insignia.

It's a shame GM's had to sell the Vauxhall/Opel company just as their cars are starting to get exceptional.

The interior is where this car excels, it's very high quality (the trim on show was the SRi, so near top) - many cubby holes and a very smart dashboard.

I think the rear three quarter view is it's best angle - the front's a little plain but still a lot sleeker than the old Astra.

They're currently discussing the VXR - which is about two years off, but hopefully will be very aggressive according to Vauxhall's Product Manager who I spoke to. Will carry a 2.2 when it does come out.

For environmentalists, a £35 VED car will be out soon - there will almost certainly be one that creeps into the 'free' band as well.

A couple of snaps from the day.

Vauxhall have got a neat viral site up running a lot of promotion who were there on the day aswell which is worth looking at - www.torqueastra.com - or it's on the Vauxhall site itself of course now.