Thread: Team GBR
View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2009, 15:14 (Ref:2374584)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardRenes
That is good news As for team GBR: I am sure there are enough talented British drivers around in Asia, Australia or the Pacific rim to go around with. No need to bring someone in from Europe if you ask me
Which part is good news? Salvador Duran coming back?

As for Team GBR, if the decision not to race at Taupo is down to economics, I'm sure it's not just the cost of getting a driver there that is the problem.

But I agree with kerrmaningjarv. It's not enough just to say that GBR won't be there, even in a forum such as this. We would like to know why and if there is a link to a news story confirming the fact. There is no mention of GBR in the official preview here, which I suppose confirms the story in a way.

I shall be cheering for Adam Carroll, and hope that Salvador Duran and Narain Karthikeyan also do well.