View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2006, 17:01 (Ref:1761000)   #17
Chris Townsend
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Chris Townsend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robert

F1R is shorthand for Formula One Register, an excellent association of enthusiasts that has, since the 1960s, been recording results and observing car details at events well beyond F1. Most of its publications are out of print, though a fair number of us on this forum have copies of some, and use these volumes to support and extend our own observations.

If F1R has faults it is that sometimes the proof reading in their volumes is not all it should be [so some names and possibly chassis numbers are suspect] and there is in particular a tendency in the 1970s to extrapolate, so that if a chassis number is recorded against a particular driver at one race that stays with him until another car is recorded.

None of the F1R books on F3 in the mid 60s that I'm using has any mention of your chassis number, though there are a number of BT15s that appear without number. Ted Walker, acknowledged expert on all things Brabham, may be able to offer some help, or ex Brabham employee Denis Lupton.

At the moment there are nine BT15s from 1965 that I can't associate to specific owners/drivers
There are ten drivers I can't associate to cars in 1965
Manfred Mohr [though I think this may be him renting Dubler's car]
Walter Habbeger
Jorgen Ellekaer
Egert Haglund
Picko Troberg
Patrick Dal Bo
Rollo Feilding
Mike Loasby
Cliff Haworth
Martin Slater

[John could you move this to BT15 at an appropriate time, and I think it's probably time to put BT16 into the chassis history archive]

Chris