View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2002, 09:04 (Ref:421241)   #57
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
LOL - I go away for a few days and I come back to handbags at ten paces!

On a serious note, marshalling is a serious business a lot of the time, which is why humour is very important. I don't think I've ever seen a really serious thread "hijacked" - you may get a couple of humourous comments in the middle of a discussion, but I've always felt they serve to defuse any rising tempers and remind us that we do this because we enjoy it.

I do think that if anyone is interested in marshalling, they'll find a good mix of info here. If every thread was dedicated to how hard done by we are then I don't think anyone would stay for long - any more than they would if every thread was a ping pong match between Teletubby and Gonfra who REALLY need to get out more!

Moderation in all things my darlings, moderation in all things!