View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3353917)   #1725
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm a bit gobsmacked!

I thought Nina that you must have found the thread doing a Google search and thank goodness you have.

The bottom pic is my Lola as you say, in red and the front arch is the dead giveaway. # 26 is still on the nose of the car and it was sold to Paul Wilkins in that form, # 26 number.
Paul gave me the picture of him with the car still on the trailer the day he bought it from your dad, #26 and that extended arch.
Brilliant.

Also I think the top pic is the car too.
The nose had a substantial front splitter with the alloy side nose 'winglets' (there is a tech name for those, Clive will tell me soon!)

It would be suberb if you could send me a direct copy of them nice and large for the hard-copy scrap book Nina if you have time. I will pm my home address to you.

Side view of the car looks great doesn't it?

What a great history this car has, one of the most endearing parts of my turn with the car.
Thank you very much, and I think also from those who have 'read' this story with me from the start.
What a great story it all is.