View Single Post
Old 29 Feb 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3033019)   #56
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
So howdy all (as they say in Texas)

I hope you are all well and enjoying the unseasonably warmer climate.

We thought we'd give you a quick update live from 360 central (a gazebo in a field just outside of colchester)

THERE ARE 66 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (well actually 65 til the event starts)

Fresh from Speed Street at race Retro, 360 was "the rose between two thorns" (only Joking Mr Sharples and Mr Maydon) T'was nice to see so many people pop up and say hi.
The outcome from Race Retro is that we had a couple of entries from it!!!! And we are pleased to announce that the man, who brought us "Madge" last year, is to grace the 360 again!!!
Les, upon seeing us at the stand, said "I want in" and we are delighted to have his entry.......I’m not telling you what he is bringing.....its German that’s all I will say ...Its a great bit of news and I can’t wait to see him on the Grid

There are a couple of drivers who will be there that I didn’t know were coming…I’m quite happy about that and rumour has it, though again its still to be confirmed that one of the original heros of two years ago….will be back at the 360 (well….the hero team that is) We shall see but I DO HOPE SO!!!!!

I’m also delighted to announce that, Rikki picked up his painting by Andrew Kitson and is really chuffed with it, it’s a unique thing with the 360 and Andrew Kitson does do a super job...I speak from the heart when I say it really is something special (see my avatar...its the NUTS!") ....anyway...Andy gave us ANOTHER bit of GREAT NEWS.....HE IS GONNA DO IT AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!!
That’s a FANTASTIC GIFT. Whoever wins the 360 will again be presented with a "Kitson" of their very own winning car, a unique gift and one we are very proud of, again thank you very much Andrew, you are a star without doubt.
FOOT IN MOUTH ALERT - I actually worded a previous post incorrectly.....so...i need to confirm something to you
we have not got a "Hospitality" unit as such that I may have indicated before....what we have got , is one of 360's long-time supporters and also three times entrant offering his car transporter/vehicle (which has a BIT of a hospitality piece to it) as a venue for the "360 JohnGee LOVES EM" BBQ that is held on the Friday. I do apologise if I may have given the idea that we had a fully-fledged Hospitality unit....my mistake, that said, it is VERY NICE OFFER AND WE THANK YOU MR BELL

I’m also delighted that we have received a very GENEROUS offer of all the champagne for the 360 and the OBS podium and presentations. I will formally announce the sponsor of the Champers in good time but for now I will just say Thank You, You Know Who ( they don’t want me to name them yet)

Over the weekend a couple of people stated that they would love a drive in the 360, but don’t have a car…..so, if you are looking for an extra pair of hands (and a hand financially as well!) then please PM me and I will pass on details…

So, The HRDC are Ready, Julius is ready, The 360 team is ready….Snett is ready…all we are waiting for is YOU….more updates to follow

On a personal note it’s a bit of bad and good news for you all….the operation on my throat (which was postponed) is now tomorrow…the good/bad news depending which way you look at it….is that I will not be able to talk for two weeks afterwards….BUT IT WONT STOP ME TYPING IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh…by the way….I have a race licence…I kept it low key so you may not have heard x
Cya
ClaireChair