View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2009, 15:51 (Ref:2583577)   #22
David Irwin
Rookie

David Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crossle 6F

I recently purchased the Crossle 6F that was brought to the US by Bruce Klussmann.

The Crossle has only had 3 previous owners. Klussmann bought it directly from Crossle and became a Crossle importer. Klussmann sold the car to Gerald N. Knezic around 1967, then Benny "Don" McCoin bought the car in 1969, I have the canceled checks, I bought the car from Don last month. The car has it's original stamped aluminum chassis tag that says C8/F65/22. Original tail shifter Hewland is still with it and is mostly complete. The chassis tho, has been heavily modified over the years, NSU air cooled engine, Formula Ford, Zink bodywork, full surround roll cage, ect.... so is going to need a bit of work. I have the original nose section, although it will need a lot of work as well, it's been cut up. I don't have an engine cover or side panels, I have sent an email to Arnie Black at Crossle several weeks ago and as of yet have heard nothing. I would love to see pics from other 6F owners, plus any knowledge of any bodymolds would be greatly appreciated. You can email me direct at: irwin_eng(at)hotmail.com

Thanks.
David Irwin
Evergreen, CO