View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3027050)   #518
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Just a curiosity the Dome S102 in 2008 ad a 358 km/h top speed, by far one of the highest in recent year´s. With the introduction of a V8 instead of the V10 from 2008, the new S102.5 could match that speed???
Changes in aerodynamics, help them to be the fastest car and get the pole position???
Domes have always been fast in a straight line. Jan Lammers used to breeze past Audi R8s on the Mulsanne Straight - then the Audis would breeze back past when they got to a corner again.

I'd be surprised if the Dome is not the fastest car through the speed traps. I'd be equally surprised though if this car kept up with the manufacturers. I don't think it will be as quick as the R18 through the Porsche Curves - high speed corners almost become straight lines for cars as aerodynamically sophisticated as the R18.

In terms of pole positions - a pole position in 'best of the rest' wouldn't be beyond this car, I wouldn't have thought.