View Single Post
Old 16 May 2011, 11:51 (Ref:2881011)   #23
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
personally, i think jev was hard done by. he cut the chicane twice - once at the start (where he didn't really gain, and ricciardo did exactly the same thing) where he clearly gained no advantage, and once when he kind of had to yield to ricciardo during the pass attempt. that was it. the debatable bit is whether he should have given up the corner to ricciardo earlier which to me isn't the point of a track limits penalty - at that point he had to bail out or there would have been a collision and he'd have got a slap for an avoidable collision. there seems to be nothing more to it than the tv footage shows. /controversial opinion

panciatici actually benefited from everyone elses dramas, though for most of the race he was shown as a lap down due to a transponder fart which was a shame because that was a cracking drive from 19th on the grid to 8th on track (7th post-penalties) and it'd have been good to see some more of that. van der drift also wasn't penalised, i think something went down with canamasas on the last lap?

monza are notorious for being strict on penalties, and in my opinion if you're just taking the michael and pushing the limits of your own talent too often then you should be penalised. but for avoiding an avoidable collision? hmmm. there were 3 penalties for jumping the start too - they were all pretty obvious and uncontroversial.

glad i'm not the only one having issues telling which fortec car is which

what did people think of the driving standards in general? i have to say i think there's a couple of guys who need the riot act reading to them...

also did anyone else notice any stealthy top notch drives from the back?
I think Van Der Drift and Canamasas were having a big battle on last lap as they both dropped several seconds on their lap times and Panciatici was also able to pass Canamasas.