View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2014, 10:28 (Ref:3378542)   #12
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Seriously though, I have no idea how quick (or not) JV will be, but Tagliani might make some noise. He was darn quick at the last race last year in that one-off. That was a Ganassi car though, not a Fisher one, which might make a difference.
Thanks for the reply. Well, Tagliani was once a pole-sitter at Indy while with the FAZZT/Schmidt Motorsports team and clearly knows how to get in the field at the 500. He also knows how to set up a car, and Fisher is a team that has most of its best moments on the ovals. I'd say the team made a good choice there.

As far as Villeneuve is concerned, this is the car in which Katherine Legge was moving up the order rather quickly whilst coming from the back of the grid last year, in spite of only having been a Bump Day-Carb Day-Race Day effort. With Villeneuve, this looks like it's a full "month" program, not a short one like last year. Schmidt is a good team that can win races and Villeneuve is a proven quantity at Indy. Yet, he has been out of these cars for a very long time. His situation is somewhat similar to that of John Andretti when he came back to the Indy 500 for a few years in the late 00s after sitting out most of the 90s and 00s while he was in NASCAR. Thus, I'd say Villeneuve realisticly would have to be content with a performance somewhat like or a little less than John's:
something like finishing as the first car not on the lead lap. A finish on the lead lap by Jacques would be awesome, though.