View Single Post
Old 18 May 2011, 08:49 (Ref:2882017)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Well, since the engine is rigidly mounted to the chassis, as has been said before, that makes the entire car a moveable aerodynamic device.
The pistons aren't rigidly mounted to the engine. And I presume that it's the movement of the pistons that provides the downforce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I agree with you here the diffusers are a clever use of the laws and should be allowed until the end of the season. It is unfair to ban them at this stage. This just leads to the perception that the FIA is biased and favouring some of the teams! Wrong, just plain wrong!
How could the FIA possibly know which teams it will affect the most? I suppose they must be favouring HRT and Virgin.

I also don't suppose that it's the sort of noise that most want to hear, as a spectator, at a street circuit like Monaco, either.