View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2676543)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
All Classic Touring Car Club championships with the exception of Classic Thunder (which is more a catch all) are restricted to original stroke crank and a +60thou overbore what ever that takes you out to. There is a 1st Generation Camaro expected out at Silverstone in Post Historics that has a stroker crank and 6.2 litre capacity an increase of 500cc and has been allowed for this year to compete in the invitation class as there was some confusion when the chap bought the car and innocently spent a fortune on it not realising it was incorrect.

He is not a mechanic/engineer and was completetly open about it and we accepted it as a genuine mistake hence the allowance and as I race against him in a similar car I have no objections. BTW he will have to run extra ballast at the 6200cc engine size as all cars have a cc/weight formula, i.e. the larger the cc the more the car has to weight which should level things out a tad. The longer stroke crank will produce tyre shedding torque and as we are on 225x15 Histo tyres that will be another great leveller as I have enough trouble getting my 5.7 to hook up and stop lighting up the back tyres so it should be interesting, come along to Silverstone on the 7/8th May and see!