View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2014, 19:12 (Ref:3397853)   #10
Neil66
Rookie

England
Berkshire
Neil66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there. First post from me, although I have been reading the Forum for some time and am now in my 4th year of marshalling. I generally don’t get time to contribute to forums, but this story drove me to sign the petition, and I want to add my views on the subject as well….
I first read about this in Autocar a couple of weeks ago; it boiled my potatoes then, and I’m still mad as hell now. If this decision stands, anyone too stupid to check the local environment before buying a house – or arrogant enough to buy it anyway, and expect everyone else to change to suit them – will be able to impose their will regardless of local history, culture etc. As has been pointed out already, if it can happen to Mildenhall, it can happen to your favourite circuit too. If we don’t all speak out now, we can’t expect support from others when that day comes. As a much wiser man than me once wrote, first they came for the Jews….
Hopefully the petition will gather support and force a rethink of this decision. It flies in the face of natural justice, although the more cynical will probably have concluded a long time ago that the law in Britain has precious little to do with that anyway.
Thanks. I'll shut up now ...