Thread: BTCC BTCC Support package
View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2665611)   #40
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced Invader View Post
i couldnt understand why the void left by formula bmw wasnt used for a guest series. give the club series guesting a reduced rate comparded to the usually supports to help them to. then use the guest spot alongside the whole 'go motorsport' thing to advertise what other racing there is in the country. so many people just go to the tourers and this could be used to publicise whatelse you could perhaps spectate, volunteer for or even compete in.
I might be alone here, but I would want to see more saloon series. I care little for open wheel supports, though Formula Ford can be entertaining.

The old National Saloon Cup would have been the ideal support series if the BTCC hadn't have swallowed it up then spat it out between 2001-2003, a real shame, but predictable.

I wonder why a marque like BMW doesn't support a 320i series or something, production based 320i's with a racing box, slicks and a roll cage. Would be fantastic.