View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3133395)   #2516
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Eee, you had it good,lad. Twenty-four of us in a rolled-up newspaper...

Seriously, I doubt too many people watch the whole shebang. I really think Sky misjudged badly when they devoted a whole channel to F1- they should have alloted 3 0r 4 hours on SkySports1 or some such, like they do when they get the rights to football or cricket. Not overload, which is what they're giving us.
Its all about money though. No point sticking it on Sky Sports 1 when they can try and entice the large Formula One viewership to dish out on a new Sky package and get the new channel 'free'. I doubt Sky care if people feel a bit overloaded as long as they have paid the dosh for the channel. Of course this assuming people don't have Sky already - which most people don't.

I'm also guessing the reason they've done it this way and presented a full F1 channel is to try and make some money back from the deal to get the rights. There are plenty of people that would have purchased a Sky Package just to get F1 and couldn't care about the other Sky Sports channels - they had to make it seem ultra attractive to those customers.

Me I;d rather go to the pub or a mates house or watch it online...for free.