View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2012, 19:37 (Ref:3133397)   #2517
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Lazenby is a decent anchor, it's not his job to do the simple maths nor is it his job to understand fuel loads on lap times (though some understanding would be of use).
He's there to host the show, ask a few preprepared questions and read out other stuff that's also prepared in advance.

He has his panel of experts for that sort of thing.

As for Sky's coverage being much of the same, well I don't think that there is a huge amount more that can be done.
Both BBC and Sky work in the same restricted area between the back of the garages and the hospitality. It will always be the same interviews with the same team personalities and the same banal questions at time too.
Then he shouldn't comment on those and many other topics, since he does not know the sport.

Given the choice, which I have, I prefer to watch the race on Sky but don't bother with the pre race show on either channel because of Lazenby and EJ who both spoil my enjoyment.