Thread: Back home...
View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2002, 07:55 (Ref:315873)   #11
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Back also, god I hate coaches. Never again, (until next year probably).

Another great race, and fantastic to see such a selection of cars on track. The MGs deserved more, and really should return for a third year of factory effort; they should learn from Toyota and not leave too soon.

Bentley did better than I expected, so fingers crossed for next year.

Audis were Audis, magnificent; now please go away!

WR team are now joint first on the bad luck stakes with the Porsche GT in 2000.

A big apology to Morgan who proved a lot ofus pleasantly wrong. They may even be competing for a GT podium next year.

And was I the only one to get irrated with the film cars. Especially letting the blue one out for the final lap when it had completed only 160 laps. To think that last year MG weren't allowed out when they had completed far more laps.

Highlight of the year: finally making it to the Mulsanne. Through several fields, down tracks, dodging marshalls and gendarmes and then 10 wonderful minutes by a barrier two-thirds the way along the straight before the first chicane. I can confirm that the cars go very fast on the Mulsanne!

Lowlight of the year: my utter failure to meet up with anyone from the forum. I couldn't even find Kpy's concession, kept getting lost in behind Dunlop. So shall we organise a time now for next year?