Thread: LM24 Fireworks at Le Mans
View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3393511)   #12
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Often seen them off in the distance towards Houx, and somewhat more rarely closer in.

I figure there's a time and a place for everything, and I'm not certain that a campsite where there's a lot of high spirits and booze, to say nothing of expensive cars, is always going to be the best place for fireworks.
Yes well,I guess just booze, high spirits and fast cars together is allready a volatile mix. Not much goes wrong there. Again, if used/enjoyed in the right amounts and with the right level of responsibillity, chances are very slim of something bad happening.

One must be really deprived of working braincells to lit fireworks in such close vicinity as the track with the race going on! No wonder that's banned.
I personally have never seen any go off near the track myself. Not in the 20 odd years I've visited the place now.
Just once seen a firework gone wrong, in a campsite, on the ground. This was because of an accident or improper use. An ambulance had to show up to treat a few people.
I've seen many more ambulances show up for car or bike accidents or improper use of them. Also many more for improper use of alcohol or other substances. Campfires and barbies are also strong contenders for most injuries and damages at Le Mans...

I guess my point is that if we remove all the possible dangers, things get boring very soon.

I'm very experienced in setting off professional fireworks. Safety is allways the number one issue when performing a display.