View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2014, 23:53 (Ref:3393090)   #176
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Frankly if the project is realised at all, I expect them to limp around the grid for a year or two and promptly fold. Maybe he's got some gems tucked away in that business plan of his but I don't see any wow factor that distinguishes him from the rest and he'll have trouble picking up the kind of people that'll work up and match his team with the big boys. As a fan though I welcome the new addition, I'm just not convinced it'll turn heads.

I had assumed that he'd pick up Lotus, STR, Caterham or Force India. Teams that are discreetly on the market or/and ones struggling. There's no shortage of those unfortunately. It is a declaration of intent, to start from scratch, presumably he wants the American stamp all over this team rather than a rebranding exercise. May very well prove commercially foolhardy though.
I am tending to agree. This is someone who may chew through the thick end of two or three hundred million before he realises what he's stepped into. He could do what our Austrian friend has done but it will take a Newey type person or people to be with him if he is ever going to be on a podium on a regular basis. I wish them the best but there may be some lessons to learn here.