View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2011, 21:15 (Ref:2859383)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 320d re mapped is the best of the 3 series for me JAG. Not a huge differnce between the performance of the 6 cylinder engines and 4 series, but a signifcant differnce in terms of fuel consumption from what i've heard. I've owned a few diesels over the years and I have to say I agree with you, getting a performance petrol car in this climate is out of the question unless you are reasonably well off. The great thing about the BMW diesel engines, and im sure other engines from Mercedes and Audi too, is that the engines these days do actually sound quite sporty too and not at all agricultural like. Ok they may never sound like a V6 or a V8 but they are pretty good.

Any idea what sort of 3 series you would be going for in terms of engine and body type? I've got the Saloon myself, but think I will be going for the coupe next time around.