View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2016, 17:47 (Ref:3694852)   #19
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
What if you set your video to unlisted, can the copyright trolls still see them?
My best guess is that these are being found automatically by the Youtube system called "ContentID". Basically, someone like FOM would provide Youtube with examples of content they consider to be theirs. Such as F1 broadcasts (new and old). These create audio and video fingerprints of each item. Then Youtube scans uploads and compares it against these fingerprints. If it finds a match they it flags the video in specific ways. Such as FOM might say "block" (which seems to be the case here), but FOM could also decide to put ads on the video and FOM would get a percentage of the money. But they don't do that.

I think there are ways people try to fool the system such as picture in picture style videos that change the image enough that it may not match the initial fingerprint. I am sure FOM also submits removal requests on ones that are not found automatically.

It is unfortunate that FOM doesn't understand the power of leaving this content in place to bring in new fans.

Richard