View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2732092)   #60
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
It is an OK track. There will always be the sadness of that unique old circuit, but it does hold some good races and the stadium section remains excellent.

I only wish they were scrabbling round those last few corners with low downforce again!
I always love Martin Brundle's technical analysis (as distinct from his personal biases )... in which he described the new layout as more a driver's circuit than a car circuit i.e. driver with the best power, aero and brakes usually dominated at Hockenheim. The corners introduced, place more emphasis on driver control and car set-up.

Another point from Brundle, I noticed during the BBC coverage, was the feedback to the engineers from qualifying, from Sutil... which was quite underwhelming (Brundle's frank opinion). He related the comments to Schumacher's assessment in which he'd normally identify the corner, the type of imbalance, and thereby dissect the corner into 4 parts and explain how the car behaves in each part. I guess that's the difference between a great driver and just a quick driver.

Can't wait for the race tonight. Should be a fantastic duel b/w RBR and Ferrari's now that the Ferrari's on the pace... with both McLaren's snapping at their heels. Bring it on!!!