View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2012, 05:38 (Ref:3019702)   #854
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodduck97 View Post
Think it is more than just a scheduling issue. If you can find the clip of "in pit lane" interview with TQ from Shannons Nationals at Sandown, this would be very apparent....
There are other issues and factors at play. This seems to be the most significant. I've seen the interview you've mentioned and, it doesn't change the situation or, my view towards it.

Quinn's is entitled to his perspective as both a competitor, and the owner of a competing entity. While I disagree with the reasoning behind his boycotting the event as a competitor, I can acknowledge his desire to compete elsewhere or, not at all.

His perspective as the owner of a competing entity isn't as justified - providing we're assuming he advocates progress (i.e. growth).

Whether Quinn likes it or not, the 12 Hour can (and, given the opportunity will) have a positive effect on the Australian sportscar/GT scene; in which he controls a commanding stake. Sacrificing potential personal gain, solely to hinder the progress of another, is pure shortsightedness.