View Single Post
Old 12 May 2014, 21:56 (Ref:3405635)   #211
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm actually perfectly happy to glance across at the Group Cs these days, tbh, although I understand the desire of others to watch them more closely....
I'm with you on this.

Catching the historics practice on Thursday evening usually does it for me, the Saturday race never really feels like a race and having grown up with tales of these cars being the epitome of what sportscars should be about seeing them, in a lot of cases, trundled around in the manner of a wealthy guy's track day, doesn't really set the pulse racing.

There's also the point that at the meet there's a surrounding group of knowledgeable people to talk about what going past; a couple of years ago with the 1970s Matras going round was made even better by having some forum members about to share the experience with - I suspect all of us having the Group Cs in the background would find plenty of conversational points to run with.