View Single Post
Old 19 May 2011, 07:38 (Ref:2882493)   #170
MarioNZ
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
MarioNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Ohope View Post
Is there really any other Car Companies in New Zealand that are selling 'large' cars in the sort of volume that can support a racing program? The Toyota Aurion doesn't really sell well so that would be a no there and the euro's have a pretty small market share? Maybe:
  • Toyota Camry
  • Hyundai i45
  • Honda Accord
  • Mazda 6
They'd probably sell enough of those to support a racing program, but I don't think that the kind of people that watch V8 ST's are going to be the market they're aiming for and they are all a class lower (in size) than the Commodore & the Falcon?
Is it really about the manufacturers making that decision? I dont think the Holden and Ford version of the Supertourer exist because those companies haven thrown large buckets of cash at the series. It would be more about if 'Competitor X' decides that they'd really like to run an Audi A6 body then the option exists for them to do so, with or without manufacturer/distributor support.....obviously WITH would make their decision a whole lot easier

I'd personally like to see a range of different looks out there purely to add some visual variety.

Last edited by MarioNZ; 19 May 2011 at 07:55.