View Single Post
Old 19 May 2011, 08:18 (Ref:2882504)   #171
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNZ View Post
Is it really about the manufacturers making that decision? I dont think the Holden and Ford version of the Supertourer exist because those companies haven thrown large buckets of cash at the series. It would be more about if 'Competitor X' decides that they'd really like to run an Audi A6 body then the option exists for them to do so, with or without manufacturer/distributor support.....obviously WITH would make their decision a whole lot easier

I'd personally like to see a range of different looks out there purely to add some visual variety.
I think for any bodyshells other than the Holden or the Fords there probably will need to be some form of manufacturer support, mainly due to the huge development costs that I would suspect would be involved with making a unique/new car.

If you're using Commodore or Falcon like most/all of the field it'll probably be *much* cheaper to run, with the ability to source parts from a central supplier (or make them yourself I guess?) wheras if they were running an A6 they'd have to build their own bodyshell and have their own stock of spares that will quickly eat into any cost benefits of the 'cheaper' V8 ST's.

Not that I don't want to see other brands in there, but I just can't see anyone doing it if they're the ones who have to pay for it