View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2013, 07:18 (Ref:3346531)   #69
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Perhaps Stefan is intended to be the Silver driver for the other car? I hope so anyway. Those would be two very quick Silvers in the scheme of things.
That's a fair point, although the way many of the articles have been covering it suggests Johansson and Giroix will race in the same car. I can't see much of a point because you'll still have to add at least one other silver driver to the other car. I hope it turns out like you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
Not sure if someone has picked this up already and im not sure this belongs in a 2014 WEC thread. But........

Reading autosport's review on the garage 56 entry for 2014 the Nissan ZEOD this week, it mentions that:
"A condition of the 2014 Garage 56 entry is that a full blown works Nissan entry follows in 2015"

Now thats music to my ears.

If we can reach four LMP1 manufacturers by 2015 and with Ferrari, Honda and Renault looking at LMP1 programmes, hopefully endurance racing can regain the status in world motorsport it deserves.
At this point the Nissan LMP1 program is somewhat common knowledge, at least in the inner ring of sportscar fanatics!

I hope sportscar racing can rise up above Formula 1... I think I speak for most everyone on the forum when I say it's far more interesting, in these days, at least.