View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2014, 07:32 (Ref:3390432)   #116
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I'm surprised at both the penalty and the vitriol for Maldonado. I have previously described him as an animal, and no-one will ever accuse me of being a fan, but I thought he was innocent. He drove in a straight line from the pit exit to the corner, and at the point of impact he was following a sensible line around the corner. There was no sign of him slithering straight on.

Gutierrez clearly didn't see Maldonado (carp F1 mirrors) but the team should have told him there was a car there. You can't just drive straight at the apex and expect the car inside to evaporate.
I saw it completely differently. It might have been a sensible line if there hadn't been another car there. The only safe track for Maldonado to drive on is an empty one.