View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2011, 23:02 (Ref:2869318)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Grid positions (drivers and teams)

Losing my time as ever , I have done a sort of scoring of grid positions so far. The scoring is simple: 23 for pole, 22 for 2nd, 21 for 3rd, down to 0 for 24th (I don't matter about the 107% rule).

The table shows the (cumulated) scores after the first, the second and the third GPs. First table for drivers, second table for teams. Colors try to visualize the positions in a more intuitive way.

The bottom end is very clear: Hispania, Virgin, Lotus are very neatly stratified as the last, 2nd last and 3rd last team. Then, sadly, appears Williams and also Force India, but already entering the middle class of the grid, almost touching Sauber.

The top end is a bit less established, Red Bull and Mac fight for the ultimate top position (last race was a disaster for RBR because of Webber's troubles). Ferrari maintain clearly the 3rd position. Merc and Renault battle for the best of the middlers, with the surprising appearance of the "humble" Toro Rosso, and the welcome entry of Sauber, and then we arrive again to the other end of the table.

In terms of drivers, there are some notorious contrast between some team mates. Ros-Msc and Pet-Hei are possibly the most interesting ones.