Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3094657)   #1574
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
Totally agree with you. This is the smartest thing you have said.
Someone please explain clearly why this was allowed to go on.

Retorical question really. Big fat Toyota cheque book. I sure their involvement in the NZV8's won't be similarly tainted.
The sport's administration have been in denial for too long and the commercial tie up with promoter is disgraceful.

It would be sad to think that because TRS was allowed to carry on that it sets a precedent.
On a brighter note, prospective (overseas) drivers should line up outside Fowlkes office and lobby for a subsidised drive.
That's one way to get a grid and one they are accustomed to

When I was a young lad growing up I was taught that two wrongs don't make a ...
TRS survives because the days of running per event and quickfire week after week works for funded young up and comers to gain mega experience for the northern hemisphere season...if any of you take the time to check the international results from around the world you will see that most of them from this past TRS season are doing very well(ironically except for cassidy)...almost every driver from TRS this year has a gig whether in formula car or gt racing.......back in the 80's and 90's we did 5 or 6 on the trot every january,so nothing new there...
surely its a bit early to Bag toyota for supporting another class of nz motorsport...shouldnt that be applauded.
and while on the subject of numbers...v8SC were happy to have 10 f3 cars on their bill at darwin and less at Tasmania..we are fixated on 15 cars for nzv8 ....i guess the rules must state that somewhere ....but seriously with the split and starting from scratch is gonna take time....seems to me that most of the criticism is magnified because of the hatred for MNZ hierarchy.(mnz and TMC/msp).
if any of the expert wannabe's out there know of any real life racers you will probably know that this year 2012/13 is gonna be no better for finding money.........which will ultimately be the biggest reason for smaller grids outside the classes full of lifestyle older racers.
just my opinion