Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2012, 09:29 (Ref:3094686)   #1575
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
TRS survives because the days of running per event and quickfire week after week works for funded young up and comers to gain mega experience for the northern hemisphere season...if any of you take the time to check the international results from around the world you will see that most of them from this past TRS season are doing very well(ironically except for cassidy)...almost every driver from TRS this year has a gig whether in formula car or gt racing.......back in the 80's and 90's we did 5 or 6 on the trot every january,so nothing new there...
surely its a bit early to Bag toyota for supporting another class of nz motorsport...shouldnt that be applauded.
and while on the subject of numbers...v8SC were happy to have 10 f3 cars on their bill at darwin and less at Tasmania..we are fixated on 15 cars for nzv8 ....i guess the rules must state that somewhere ....but seriously with the split and starting from scratch is gonna take time....seems to me that most of the criticism is magnified because of the hatred for MNZ hierarchy.(mnz and TMC/msp).
if any of the expert wannabe's out there know of any real life racers you will probably know that this year 2012/13 is gonna be no better for finding money.........which will ultimately be the biggest reason for smaller grids outside the classes full of lifestyle older racers.
just my opinion
Yes the GFC is no friend of motorsport. Not to be confused the GC though, my wife watches that...