View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3220719)   #2591
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
For free practice I find watching a live stream on the Internet whilst listening to commentary on Radio 5 live extra far preferable to the inane giggling and private joke chatter between the Sky commentators. They are usually so busy laughing between themselves at their clever insider jokes that they actually miss what's happening on track.

Anyone who contributes to the gangster Murdoch's fortune is a mug imho.
What nonsense!
I used to subscribe to Bernies excellent F1 channel before lack of subscribtions from real enthusiasts caused it's demise...it was brilliant ground breaking technology at the time...you could chose your own camera view...for obviious reasons back then I rode in the cockpit looking over the shoulder of the driver that I wanted to follow...which because he was a mid fielder rarely was shown by the terestrial free channel. Now thank goodness for SKY F1, who have tacken up the mantle of high-tech TV coverage (although I don't have 3D I do have HD which is essential)

Brundles Grid walk and Ted's Note-book is great, and the Sky-Pad slow-mo analyasis is super!

But being of the older generation (I've been following F1 every season since Mike Hawthorn) I don't need the Musical backing to jazz it up as the action itself is exciting enough.

As for the above quote...I want the best LIVE coverage of my favourite sport, I don't smoke or drink...my 'passion' is following LIVE top level Motorsport and far cheaper than travelling to the races, which as an OAP I can't afford to that anymore!

I just wish SKY would cover WEC racing (LeMans) as the coverage of that racing is still in the dark-ages by comparison!

Last edited by Rennen; 18 Mar 2013 at 18:55.