Thread: F1 Academy
View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2024, 16:19 (Ref:4202004)   #43
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I didn't manage to see this, but "Car X has taken the chequered flag twice" is sadly a regular occurrence at all levels of UK motorsport from novices in club racing right through to people at the top end of their respective championships.

It produces an instant invitation to see the Clerk of the Course, do not pass Go (again), do not collect £200, do not go to the podium (if you were).

I've been trackside shoving cars from gravel traps after final lap shenanigans and heard that over the radio. I've also been on the other end of the radio yelling at all and sundry to be extremely careful as car X is bearing down on them.

It gives me the chills.
It has also happened in F1 before - Schumacher at Silverstone.

People are also forgetting that F1 Academy is F4 level. The level of criticism these drivers get compared to the GB4 drivers is a bit uncomfortable.