View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3398177)   #20
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Nice video.

Personally I cannot believe it has been that long. Makes me feel much older now.

For me that was the day the music died. Life was never the same again, motor racing never the same again. That was the day the naivete and optimism of my youth was stripped away and I realized what a cruel and harsh place the world could be. I think I kinda of knew that, but it was one of those incidents that snaps you out of it. Here was someone who was the best in the world and boom next second he was dead. I saw the whole thing live early in the morning on ESPN.

Strangely I had driven a race car for my first time the week previous, so I remember that period of my life very well and believe me I have been thinking about all that and the passage of time since. It's an odd feeling, in some ways I feel the passage of time and in others it seems like last week.

The example he set I believe is that you have to do what you love and be dedicated to being a success and through that you'll make a positive impact on the world and leave the world a better place.

Very well said! i think a lot of people feel the same.