View Single Post
Old 22 May 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3077904)   #2448
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
As a team owner's son, Chris is much better than average. His lap times aren't far off the best pros.

As a team, it seems as though they just lost something when Pat Smith left. If a car is good out of the box, they seem fine, but if it isn't, they take a long time to catch up. Well, Pat and I don't think Guy or Chris are the development guy that Weaver was.
I guess I'm just going by the current metric of the Taylor Boys and Tommy Milner. All of them are sharp enders and real quick. Chris has been running pro level stuff now for 10+ years, as well as a number of open wheel cars, and while he's not *bad*, he really has never shown much beyond "pretty decent gentleman driver" He's usually never within 2 seconds of a "pro" guy, and still seems to get flustered in traffic.

Sad to see Dyson show up 4+ seconds off the P1 pace at Laguna, and nearly 2 off of P2, and through 3 practice sessions, qualifying and a 6 hour race never get any quicker. Watching cytosport devour a nearly 25 second deficit in 10 laps at Long Beach and pass them like they were standing still had to be disheartening. It's obvious why they ditched Le Mans.