View Single Post
Old 22 May 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3078021)   #2450
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
As a team owner's son, Chris is much better than average. His lap times aren't far off the best pros.

As a team, it seems as though they just lost something when Pat Smith left. If a car is good out of the box, they seem fine, but if it isn't, they take a long time to catch up. Well, Pat and I don't think Guy or Chris are the development guy that Weaver was.
Yeah, the performance at Laguna was downright embarrassing. They're supposed to be one of the best teams in the paddock and yet the bottom of the LMPC field appeared to have a better engineering effort.

Anyone else fear the engine is significantly underperforming too? Do wee have speed traps to prove or remove my doubts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta4 View Post
To be fair, they did make up some ground over the 6 hours. Their fastest laps came within 1.3 seconds of Muscle Milk and were faster than all of the P2 cars. They were not consistent, but they were able to eventually find some speed.
They treated the race like an extended test, as they did Sebring and they wound up "winning" Sebring. Fingers and toes will be crossed that Pickett Racing has one or two DNFs in the longer races.

As for the Deltawing, I don't like how it looks, but if Marino Franchitti is in the series racing something on P1 or P2 pace I'll be happy.

Chris