View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2003, 11:04 (Ref:673140)   #4
Amonfan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Amonfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Graham Mein car is an Elfin MR8, not sure which one, there were 3 built, the other Elfin MR8 that was at QLD on the weekend was the Aaron Lewis owned car, this was the car Vern Shupann was driving when tragically Max Stewart ran into the back of him and killed. The Elfin was repaired and went to America with Vern at the wheel in can am form. Garrie Cooper had a monster crash in a MR8 at the AGP in 78 at Sandown, but the car was rebuilt, i believe this is the car Larry Perkins used in 79 and then sold to Peter "chris" Middleton, it ran in the colours of blue and white with Chris and was then run at the 80 AGP by Didier Pironi, before being raced by Middleton again. As for the MR5's ZBryan is pretty spot on, i will go thru my notes to compare, but off the top of my head, it all looks pretty good to me. I have an extra owner for the Cooper MR5 cant recall his name but i will look in my RCN's was in 1976, but dont think he ever raced it, although at the time they mentioned he was going to hillclimb it. Hope this helps out