View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2003, 22:27 (Ref:674772)   #10
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazing - I turn my back for a few minutes and all this happens!

OK, I think I've caught up. Here goes.

5711 - McCormack. I agree with Moore (when still owned by McCormack) and then sold to Glen Nichols December 1975 (source: 1976 Surfers Paradise program p9) but never seen again. To Sala, you say? Said by the Elfin register to be back with McCormack by 1992.

5722 - Stewart. Agree with John Leffler and Baron Robertson but the Doug Trengove bit is new. So is this the highly modified 1981 Elfin 815? The Elfin book said that was the ex-Walker/Keen car but a picture in that book shows 5722 on a shelf about 1979 so maybe this makes more sense. Then Sala, you say? Does Adrian Tweddle still have it?

5723 - Cooper. Knew about John Edmonds but the rest is new. Could you tell me more about the Ward-Pope-Munday-Sala-Flett period?

5724 - Walker. Agree with Stan Keen and Peter Middleton but the rest is new. So clearly this wasn't the Elfin 815.

One puzzle is that Col Trengove enters an Elfin in all the Australian Internationals in 1976 but does not appear. I guess this was some deal that fell through.

Many thanks for all this stuff - I feel an Elfin page coming on.

Allen