View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2012, 15:43 (Ref:3036042)   #278
mickey29
Racer

England
Wellingborough
mickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the risk of going of topic: I agree that there is no reason why Renault should stage this event. However they have done so for a number of years.

A lot of people greatly looked forward to this event, much as 6 hours of Silverstone is a highlight of mine.

Accordingly many are disappointed when something they have got used to is taken away from them.

I agree that many of the opinions expressed on the facebook page are obnoxious, bordering on the downright rude.

I applaud Renault for staging a corporate event that provides great entertainment for a family at no charge.

Motorsport in general could learn that Good Product + Good Advertising - discounted prices = more bums on seats.

Our sport is insular and self serving. This, more than environmental concerns, will be the death of it.

RWS bucked the trend and will be missed.

I think Silverstone served the series and the public well. No where else could ever stage an event of such magnitude. I suspect no other RWS venue acheived the numbers of the British round.