Old 24 Jul 2012, 12:19 (Ref:3110777)   #116
Good old boy
Rookie

Good old boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Standings after Curitiba...
I do wonder about some of the people like Veteran & Racer who do not seem to have a clue what they are talking about.
This is a 550 BHP car with no tration control very little grip and a fantastic series to learn your trade if you can not find enough sponsors and budget to do GP2.

This year Quaife-Hobbs has stepped up from GP3 and has had
5 pole positions ( including this last weeknd against Pizzonia ex Jaguer and Williams formula one driver.
5 wins 3 seconds a 3rd 4th and 6th and one DNF with i think 5 fastest race laps

This weekend when he won the championship he just got unlucky, he showed his outright speed with P1 in both free pactices and then pole in Qualifying.
And then got unlucky because in race one at the first pitstop he was right back in the mix to win the race after making a poor start and then unfortunatly handing Pizzonia a win when they had a 25 second dely in the pits with a faulty rear wheel problem.

Race 2 Not much to say really, 35.8 lead over Pizzinia with 4 laps to go when coming into the pits and made a small mistake whilst pushing 10 10ths, wheel touching the grass and skated into the tyre wall and this tells you without the mistake and a pit stop taking around 26 seconds that he would have beaten Pizzonia on shear pace by around 10 seconds.

Now before you all start saying (but he did not finnish) Quaife -Hobbs has driven at 10 10th all year and totally dominated this championship with a normal field of 15/16 cars and drivers with good pegigree,s like
Van de Drift, Varhaug, Campana and Sirotkin who in my book have all been a bit useful in there Junior careers.
So in my opinion idiots who write with opions should at least try to have some nowledge of there sports before making such rubbish comments about this great series which is a great training ground if you are not loaded with big bucks GP2.