View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 1999, 13:07 (Ref:4987)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Totally correct Mr. Crash...If my memory is correct it was painted up in 2 different liveries with the zip down the middle just like the BAR F1 cars..I had forgotten all about the couple of races he did with the Faulkner team..

just thought of the first time I met Cameron.. at least Im pretty sure it was him it was back in 1992 at the winton formula ford festival (wish they would bring it back) ..I sat there watching the race and got talking to a guy sitting next to me when I realised it was him..and I said why arent you out there racing..he smiled at me and said "because I messed up in practise and put my car into the fence so hard we carnt fix it"
I could tell by the way he was talking that he was totally dark on himself and blamed no one else for his mistake..and said that he would do everything in his power not to do it again..and I believed him until Bathurst 1993..(DJR Falcon total mess)
But since then he really has done an excellent job getting his career up and going and deserves to get his chance in top class machinery.

[This message has been edited by marcus (edited 30 December 1999).]