View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3031798)   #1363
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Had a cracking weekend at the 12 hour.

The race was interesting and highly enjoyable. The lack of depth of the field was no doubt evident - every time the SC board went out, you held your breath hoping it wasn't one of the contenders.

That aside it the race was great highlighted by the opening stint of Simonsen, Luff once the rain set in, Baird in the fog and torrential rain and Slade chasing the Audi near the end.

Reload I would argue against the weather reducing the atmosphere - seeing the Audi's in particular fly over the top of the mountain in the terrible conditions once something quite sensational.

I look forward to next years race and hope for a field with more depth and more dark running.
I was considering posting my thoughts on the B12, but I think you nailed it. The young bloke and I arrived home about an hour ago after a thoroughly sensational weekend.