View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2012, 00:22 (Ref:3007466)   #1260
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
The ACO sucks donkey balls thats why.
Sorry but there's no basis for discussion with such points. If you Americans (no generalization, i just see that pretty much all members who are leading this crusade against the ACO/the WEC are either American or Canadian) want to be butthurt about it fine... but please don't stand in the way of sports car racing's success.

What ticks me off most is that the ACO is even criticized for it's rules and presumably making the cars "ugly". Have you guys forgotten Le Mans already?

The "ugly" cars are probably the only reason McNish & Rockenfeller are still alive. But even that is turned upside down and presented like a negative by saying that even DPs look better.

Apart from the fact that this is nonsense and the LMPs look absolutely fine, I wouldn't want to see what's left of a DP after a 309kph crash.. oh, I forgot, they don't even go nearly as fast.

Le Mans 2011 has been the most exciting sports car race for decades, that one race alone proves that the ACO is doing pretty much everything right. You can either enjoy the fruits of their work or you can leave it... but stop crapping on their efforts already just because your local market isn't as involved as you'd like.

Rant over...