View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2012, 16:36 (Ref:3124159)   #889
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
It is the natural cycle of a sportscar class (I made this up).
1) Class begins with simple cars.
2) Car numbers greatly increase.
3) Manufacturers get interested, start joining. (In this case, the demise of GT1 lead to more manufacturers in GT2)
4) Competition increases, development increases, costs increase.
5) Teams/cars begin to leave.
6) DEATH

Right now, GTE is somewhere between step 3 and 5. We have seen many cars leave (Spyker, Jaguar, Ford) but also many join (Aston Martin, Lotus, Dodge). There is still interest but the rules need to be addressed in order to help teams a little and reduce costs.

Think of it as our duty to keep this thread at the top of the thread list and not in the waste land known as "page 2".
Plus, I like talking to The Badger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Right. I was just inquiring whether you thought the discussion was relevant to the title of the thread. You obviously do, so full speed ahead.
Your right Spyderman. The GTE discussion should not be placed in the Porsche LMP1 thread.