View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2011, 14:29 (Ref:2934537)   #350
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Ridicule all you like but there was a story last week that said the VAG chairman had mentioned the possibility of a VAG brand joining F1 in 2018. As Porsche is a VAG brand I felt it was worth mentioning the possibility. It was more than just idle speculation - but you were to tied up in your p*** taking to realise it
Yes, you are right, and I was aware of this article before I started “p*** taking”, in fact here it is: http://www.livemint.com/2011/07/2815...der-F1-in.html

My “p*** taking” was not bashing you at all, what I was bashing in addition to several internet rumour sources on other topics (such as Autosport) was VW itself. We keep hearing from them and their brands that they are going to join F1, over and over again, yet it NEVER happens. Also, I did realise something else in this article:

“We have enough brands that could do that,” he said, without being more specific.

Now, just think why he would say this.