View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 2023, 19:23 (Ref:4169595)   #2880
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sunday, and Championship day. Looking for more points, but with me only in the class i could only get 1 point for each run as long as i got to the top.
I find this single runner situation all a bit boring, but 2 points could be good at the end of the year.

The first of 2 practice runs was awful, and all because i left the winch loop still on the car complete with a nice big D shackle. After the start i heard a huge BANG under the front near side floot which got worse then stopped and then returned. Crept up the hill and back down to the paddock where i found the winch loop still around the nearside front wishbone and the bolt missing out of the shackle. Had to get the car re-scrutineered as a result, so stupid, but nothing serious.

Tut tut.

Second practice was good and strong, everything worked well but only 48.08 (pb is 44.15).
Both race runs were strong, but again a bit disappointing, thought I had gone quite fast but miles and miles off.
46.32 and 45.92 and both starts 2.16/2.15.

However, nice rain free day, sunny and a light breeze and all back in one clean piece.
Selsley Walsh next, BUT I may not have an entry, a long story, but the chances of an entry are slim for a variety of contentious reasons. Not just me maybe, but several front runners have no entries, just a reserve number.

Time will tell, meeting is 3 weeks away.